Get to Know Me Meme
In anticipation of BlogWest starting tomorrow, I thought I’d post a fun little getting to know me kind of meme here (borrowed from Typette.com minus a few questions, it was too long!) If you are going to BlogWest (even just via Twitter, lol) then feel free to share your answers to some or all of these questions so we can get to know you better!
1. How old will you be in five years? 41
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? My four year old. I will spend at least two hours with my older boys too, but as of now, just the four year old. Working at home can be very solitary, sigh.
3. How tall are you? 5’2”
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? I’m pretty boring. I think I’m most looking forward to finishing my sociology class (Athabasca University) and seeing Hunger Games with DH on his next set of days off.
5. What was the last movie you saw? The Vow. I cried a lot, I’m a sucker for that type of movie.
6. Do you prefer to call or text? Email!
7. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? My parents are divorced from each other, my mother is separated from her second husband and my father is married to his second wife. Clear as mud?
8. When is the last time you saw your mom? This morning. She lives with us currently.
9. What color are your eyes? Blue-green, depending on what I wear one color will stand out over the other.
10. What time did you wake up today? 5:25. Way too early, but had to get DH to the airport for his current work shift of two weeks in the NWT.
11. What are you wearing right now? Yoga pants and a long-sleeve t-shirt that I slept in. I will shower before I pick the kids up from school. Maybe.
12. Where is your favorite place to be? At home, with all my family together.
13. Where is your least favorite place to be? At home, when I’ve spent too many days in the monotonous circle of work, kids, sleep, repeat. Then I need to get out and my favorite place becomes my prison.
14. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? Hawaii – it’s my current dream vacation. We’re supposed to go for my 40th birthday, but sooner would be nice.
15. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years? Still living in the house I do now, still happily working for myself and enjoying my family. Although I am sad to realize my oldest will be 20 then and my middle will be almost 18. They’ll be so grown up! My baby will only be 14 though, and probably driving us all a bit wild, he’s a handful 🙂
16. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? I wasn’t afraid of imaginary things as a child, my sister was scared of everything and I was the protector. I was more afraid of the real things that were so hard back then, such as my parents fighting or my dad losing his job yet again and making us move again and again and again.
17. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two. One in the main floor living room, one in the bonus/tv room. No bedroom tv’s allowed here.
18. How big is your bed? King, love the space!
19. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? Laptop only. I like the mobility.
20. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two or three. I like pillows. So cozy. Hmmm, I need a nap. With my pillow of course.
**Pic is a recent, not great one, well unless you like the non-smiling potentially mugshoty look, but at least maybe you’ll recognize me if you do see me at BlogWest!